Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Blind Trust



You know that feeling you get when your little baby is looking right into your eyes and giving you that look that says, "I trust you mom for every thing," without uttering a sound? They do it without any thought otherwise. Well, I've been experiencing that feeling this week. Isabella has started to focus in on her daddy and I especially when we're talking to her. It makes my eyes fill with tears some days. As this happened this morning, I was reminded of what Luther says in his large catechism about the first commandment: Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

"A god means that from which we are to expect all good and to which we are to take refuge in all distress..."

It makes me cry, "Lord, continue to give me that child-like faith!"


2 comments:

  1. I will never forget the very first time Johnny focused directly on my eyes and smiled. I started crying. It is like you said, for the first time in your life a little person is absolutely depending on you for "life", in every way. You suddenly begin to see and hear things differently. You think, "How will this affect my child? Will this bring life to them?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. It's an incredibly overwhelming feeling. There is nothing to compare with it. We are so blessed beyond words!

    ReplyDelete